Are you trying to decide if you need Cricut Access? Are you wondering what Cricut Access is and what comes with it? Read on for the information you need to make the best choice for you.
This is not a paid or sponsored post. Maker’s Corner Crafts is reader-supported. If you make a purchase through one of my links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support! As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more here.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Cricut Access?
- 2 What do I get with Cricut Access?
- 3 Cricut Access Standard vs Premium
- 4 How Much does Cricut Access cost?
- 5 Can I use Cricut Access for free?
- 6 What are the requirements for Cricut Access?
- 7 Can I use my Cricut machine without an Access subscription?
- 8 Can I sell things I make with Cricut Access?
- 9 Do I Need Cricut Access?
- 10 How do I subscribe to Cricut Access?
- 11 How do I cancel Cricut Access?
- 12 Do I lose my designs if I cancel Cricut Access?
- 13 What can I use instead of Cricut Access?
- 14 What is the difference between Cricut Access and Cricut Design Space?
- 15 What if I have more questions about Cricut Access?
- 16 Conclusion
What is Cricut Access?
Cricut Access is a subscription service is a subscription service offered by Cricut. For a monthly or annual fee, you can have unlimited access to Cricut’s forever-growing library of images, fonts, projects and more. You will also have access to exclusive functionality in Cricut Design Space.
What do I get with Cricut Access?
Cricut Access subscribers can choose from hundreds of thousands of images, fonts, and ready-to-make projects. Subscribers also have the ability to purchase Cricut Access Exclusives such as bulk materials and tools, exclusive bundles and Mystery Boxes. Subscribers also receive Priority Member Care and 10% off cricut.com purchases including machines (up to $50 savings per item).
- 500,000+ images
- 700+ fonts
- 1000+ customizable projects
- 10% off licensed images*
- Unlimited collections
- Thousands of ready-made and customizable projects
- Access to Monogram Maker, Editable Images, and Automatic Background Remover in Cricut Design Space (as of 2023)
- $10 off coupon every 3 months
- Priority member care
- Exclusive materials and Mystery Boxes for purchase on Cricut.com
- 10% off Cricut purchases, including machines (up to $50 item)
Cricut Access Standard vs Premium
There are two levels of Cricut Access: Standard and Premium. Standard Cricut Access includes everything listed above. Premium Cricut Access includes everything from Standard Cricut Access but with 20% off of materials from Cricut.com and free economy shipping for purchases $50 or more.
How Much does Cricut Access cost?
Cricut offers several options to subscribe to Cricut Access.
- Standard Cricut Access: USD 9.99/month paid monthly or USD 95.88 paid annually (USD 7.99/month)
- Premium Cricut Access: USD 9.99/month paid as an annual subscription of USD 119.88.
Can I use Cricut Access for free?
Cricut provides a free trial membership of Cricut Access for first-time users. Try it for free!
What are the requirements for Cricut Access?
Cricut Access requirements include a high-speed internet connection and a valid form of payment on Cricut.com.
Can I use my Cricut machine without an Access subscription?
Your Cricut machine will work without a subscription to Cricut Access. Cricut provides many free designs, and you can upload graphics and fonts into Cricut Design Space. Additionally, you can buy Cricut designs and fonts a la carte through Cricut Design Space.
Can I sell things I make with Cricut Access?
You can sell crafts made with Cricut Access images, fonts, projects, etc. with a few restrictions (e.g. Disney content). Read about Cricut’s Angel Policy for more information.
Do I Need Cricut Access?
Consider the following questions when determining your need for a Cricut Access subscription:
- Are you a beginner or an experienced crafter? Do you have experience creating designs and projects?
- Do you have time and resources to create your own designs, fonts and projects?
- Will you use a third-party service for designs, projects, fonts and more? (e.g. Creative Fabrica).
- How often will you use your Cricut? If you use it frequently, Cricut Access can be cost-effective.
- Will you use your Cricut commercially or personally?
- Will you purchase your materials and other products from Cricut?
- Do you want or need priority support with Cricut?
How do I subscribe to Cricut Access?
For those in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Germany, France, and Ireland, purchase your subscription to Cricut Access through Cricut’s website or in Cricut Design Space for Desktop, iOS, and Android apps.
If you are outside of the US, Canada, U.K., Germany, France and Ireland, you can join Cricut Access through the Design Space application on desktop, iOS, or Android. Get more information for countries outside of the U.S. and Canada.
How do I cancel Cricut Access?
You can manage your Cricut Access subscription by following these steps.
Do I lose my designs if I cancel Cricut Access?
You will lose access to designs and fonts you’ve used for existing projects. Cricut will charge you each time you make a project that includes Cricut Access items.
What can I use instead of Cricut Access?
Alternatives exist for creating designs and accessing ready-made designs, fonts and projects. If you are creative and want to make your own designs, try Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape and Silhouette Design Studio. If you want ready-made designs, fonts and projects, consider Creative Fabrica and Design Bundles as just a couple of existing alternatives available. Be sure to read and adhere to the licensing policies for each third party vendor.
You can also purchase Cricut Access images and fonts for individual use on an ad-hoc basis. If your use of Cricut Access starts to cost more than USD 9.99/month on average, you may consider purchasing a month-to-month Cricut Access Subscription to see if it is more cost effective.
What is the difference between Cricut Access and Cricut Design Space?
Cricut Design Space is a program/application that is used to create designs and projects and make them on Cricut machines. It is a free program that you install on your computer, mobile phone or Apple iPad. It does not work on Chromebook.
Cricut Access is a monthly or annual subscription that provides graphics, fonts, projects, and more that you use inside of Cricut Design Space. For example, I choose a special greeting card from Cricut Access. I use Cricut Design Space to communicate with and use my Cricut machine to cut and make the card.
What if I have more questions about Cricut Access?
If you have additional questions about Cricut Access, you can:
Cricut Access is a valuable option for crafters of all levels of expertise. It can help you start crafting with your Cricut quickly with ready-made projects, designs, fonts and exclusive functionality. Additionally, you will save money on Cricut-brand materials and get support from Cricut as a priority member. Consider using Cricut Access for your crafting needs today.
Happy, happy crafting!